If you still have the Pharos printing client on your personal device, instructions are available for how to remove it - PC and Mac. With the new printing options at Dominican, you have two options when printing from a personal device:
Option 1: Installing Printing @ Dominican on Your Computer (Best Option) - On Campus Access
Mac Printer Installation
Follow all steps below while on campus or you may not be able to print properly while on campus from a personal device.
- Start and Log in to the Mac computer. Ensure it's connected to the network.
- In the Go menu, select Connect to Server.
- Enter smb://print/pcclient
- Enter your Dominican Network ID and password information.
- Double-click the client-local-install file. This executes a small AppleScript program that starts the install/copy process.
- Test the application by double-clicking the PCClient application icon in the Applications folder.
- Open System Preference from the Apple menu.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Select your login account.
- Click the Login Items tab.
- Click + then browse and select the PCClient application in your Applications folder.
- Test by restarting the computer. The client should start automatically after the reboot and log in procedure is complete.
- Open System Preferences and go to Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + button to add a new printer. Select the “Advanced” icon at the top.
- Note: If you do not have an “Advanced” icon, right click on one of the other icons and select “Customize Toolbar.”
- Drag the “Advanced” icon up into the toolbar.
- Under “Type,” select “Windows Printer via spoolss”. Type “smb://print/duprinting” into the box labeled “URL.”
- Under “Use,” select “Generic PostScript Printer” and click “Add.” If you want to enable double-sided printing, ensure the “Duplex Printing Unit” box is checked.
- Then, click “Ok.” You will then be configured for student printing at Dominican University.
Windows Printer Installation
Follow all steps below or you may not be able to print properly while on campus from a personal device.
- "Go to “Run” (windows key +r) and enter \\print\pcclient".
- Login with dom\username (where username is your Dominican login name).
- Double click on the "win" folder.
- Double click on “client-local-install.exe”. If prompted by a security warning or User Access Control, choose Run followed by Yes.
- Windows 10 Users: Locate and double-click on “win8print.reg” in the same \\print\client\win folder to run a patch before installing the printer. Windows will ask you whether you want to import the settings in this file into the Registry. Click Yes to all the prompts.
- In the PapercutMF Client Setup window, choose Next, then I accept the agreement, and then Next.
- When you’re asked, “Which components should be installed?”, choose “Local Install (For all users)”, click Next, then Install, then Finish. This may take a minute.
- When the installer has finished, the PaperCut client will launch and prompt you to login.
- Log in with your Dominican credentials.
- Go to “Run” (windows key +r) and enter \\print
- When prompted, enter your Dominican Credentials (DOM\username) to access the folder. Be sure to check “Remember my credentials” so the username and password are saved.
- Right-click on DUPrinting and select “Connect.” The correct driver will be automatically configured, and the Printing queue will be added to the list of configured printers.
Option 2: Submitting Your Print Job Online - On and Off Campus Access
- Go to https://print.dom.edu
- Enter your Dominican credentials
- Click on the “Web Print” tab on the left, then on “Submit a Job”
- Follow the prompts to select the student printing queue and number of copies, then upload your document.
- Your document has now been sent to the printing queue. Walk up to any of the release stations located near the printers and enter your Dominican creditials or swipe your Star Card to release your job.